New Torch Coral but no rubble or plug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duoc9119

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a torch but it wasn't attached to a plug or piece of rubble. So I just stuck it in the sand. Is this ok?

It is a anemone so it moves and finds A spot to attach that will be fine it will most likely move

Are they really a type of anemone? I've found them under the coral sections of websites and I am pretty sure torches are a type of LPS coral.

Anyone have any insight?

Well it is really a Lps but I call them anemone sorry for the confusion is it a branching type?

Well it is really a Lps but I call them anemone sorry for the confusion is it a branching type?

Here's a picture

I don't think corals can travel on their own if I can remember

Attachments

• Photo0661.jpg
    Photo0661.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 191
Well I know anemones can but that is a Lps ya it should be fine on the sand bed it has to adjust from the Lfs lighting to yours so the sand is the best place right now slowly bring it to the place you want it then just glue it down or putty it down.

You can also try to put it in a hole between the rocks if it will stay there. That`s what I do with mine. Just put it where it can get moderate lighting and moderate flow. I dont know if it can get that on the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom