New Yellow Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

graz3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I introduced a yellow tang to my tank about 24hrs ago. after about 8hrs in the tank I introduced some seaweed attached to a plastic clip. I've seen it pick at it once, but that is it. Is it possible that the tang isn't interested because it is in a new environment and if so when could I expect him to feed regularly? :?

schild27.gif
to AquariumAdvice.com!!

Is it possible that the tang isn't interested because it is in a new environment

This is not only possible, it is pretty likely. There is also the possibility that it has never seen sheets of seaweed on a plastic clip. The texture is going to be different than what it is used to eating. The fact that it has already picked at it is a good sign. Give it a few days before you start to worry ;)

you can get those nori sheets to start it off.. the nori starts to look like seaweed when it gets soft in the water... all of my fish started eating it at first sight and have been eating it still..

Back
Top Bottom