Newbie api test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willthare2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all Im new I have just got a api master test kit and I dont get the ph and the high ph because the low oh ends at 7.6 and the high ph starts at 7.4. And when do you use the high ph, when the low ph is at 7.6 am I right?

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok I was right then lol cheers

I'm curious about this is well. The regular ph range jumps from 7.2 to 7.6 at the bottom and the high ph goes from 7.4 to 7.8. Is this really correct? I was thinking maybe it was a typo.

I'm curious about this is well. The regular ph range jumps from 7.2 to 7.6 at the bottom and the high ph goes from 7.4 to 7.8. Is this really correct? I was thinking maybe it was a typo.

Not typo but a bit confusing! Basically, you will get a 'blue' result with the regular test for anything above 7.2. The high ph test will quantify a result that falls in this range. If you see 7.4 on the high test, it indicates 7.4 (or any number below this). Combining the two results leaves you with a ph of 7.3 to 7.4. Hope this makes sense! :)

Oh right yea I understand fully now thank you. Now I get it I feel abit stupid that I didn't work it out haha lol

If you're confused now, you're going to hate trying to decide if your ammonia is 0ppm or 0.25ppm :lol:

That was my next question haha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom