Newbie at aquascaping, new tank... Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would be perfect to help hide the heater! Then I could arrange that anarchis along the back in order to bring out the rocks a bit. Thanks man!

Homedog98 said:
That would be perfect to help hide the heater! Then I could arrange that anarchis along the back in order to bring out the rocks a bit. Thanks man!

ill send like 5 or 6 stems and just let them grow high cut them and then replant the tops they are pretty cool

Im trying to find where I can get some grass for the bottom of my tank...I want grass to make like a path on the bottom of my tank

By the way can I post a pic of a plant I have and can you tell me where to trim them...they are growing out of the tank.lol

brandi17201 said:
By the way can I post a pic of a plant I have and can you tell me where to trim them...they are growing out of the tank.lol

Yeah

brandi17201 said:
Im trying to find where I can get some grass for the bottom of my tank...I want grass to make like a path on the bottom of my tank

Dwarf hair grass is cool.

I have a patch of grass I got at a pet store but it does not seem to be growing...the guy said it would grow under the gravel and keep growing around the tank but it has not done anything...not sure of what it is

brandi17201 said:
I have a patch of grass I got at a pet store but it does not seem to be growing...the guy said it would grow under the gravel and keep growing around the tank but it has not done anything...not sure of what it is

Lighting maybe?

If I cut the top of the one plant there will be no leaves...most of the leaves are at the top of it...bottom seems to be alot of roots...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110608_222331.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110608_222331.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 101
  • ForumRunner_20110608_222401.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110608_222401.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 101
brandi17201 said:
If I cut the top of the one plant there will be no leaves...most of the leaves are at the top of it...bottom seems to be alot of roots...

What kinda plant is that out of control plant

Lol...yea im new to this as you can tell...not sure what plant it is, it had purple flowers on it when I got it...I have a 10 gallon tank

Here is what my whole tank looks like so far

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110608_223905.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110608_223905.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 98
brandi17201 said:
Lol...yea im new to this as you can tell...not sure what plant it is, it had purple flowers on it when I got it...I have a 10 gallon tank

Ok so I can't remember the correct name I can get it if u want me to but besides the point its more of a floating plant in the wild u can cut it anywhere the leaves will grow back dont worry about that....as for the grass I dont think ur lighting is enough u need like 3 watts per gallon then u have to start co2 and a lot of other heart aches I would get read of it look at medium snag lower plants go to plantgeek.net for help

Ok so here I have cut them and moved them to the corner....its cloudy because I stirred things up and bit and changed some of my water while I was in there...I have a liquid plant fertilizer...how often can I add that to the tank?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110608_235400.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110608_235400.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom