newbie first attempt at 3d background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atlantis404

Aquarium Advice Newbie
just new here i used to have a fw aquarium about 20 years ago god how things have moved on since then ha my tank is not set up yet as i am in middle of a 3d background project i fancyed something a bit different and the attached pick is what i came up with i am wondering as i am covering in rapid set cement is there a clear sealer of any kind you can use or should i just cycle the water a good few times untill ph steadies off

Your pic link didn't show. You should be able to find aquarium-safe clear silicone at any LFS, or often in hardware stores.

thank you

lol I am a bit of a tecnophobe I think I put photo in video part but have attached a photo now lol

Attachments

• WP_20160326_23_50_10_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20160326_23_50_10_Pro[1].jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 189
WoW that looks awesome fish are going to love it , how long did something like that take to build? for a first attempt you did a nice job look forward seeing it when it's stocked , I would also like to welcome you to AA .

Last edited:
hey 54 seaweed

thank you for the welcome the background has taken me a week but only a hour or 2 on weeknights but I nocked of work on Thursday for long weekend and done a 12 hour shift on it then same yesterday and just last coat today I am going to pick out some of the detail with a feathered brush and light grey cement for final touch hope to have fish in it by end of april first I need to build a new hood to take the light fittings and either build a cabinet for under it or buy one so it blends in with my living area lol

Attachments

• WP_20160327_11_35_28_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20160327_11_35_28_Pro[1].jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 162
  • WP_20160326_23_49_37_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20160326_23_49_37_Pro[1].jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 158
whoah wasnt expecting that. looks real good. cant wait to see the tank all set up!

It's gonna take a solid month at least before the cement cures. Keep an eye on pH and do a 100% water change when it spikes too high to read any longer.

Very nice job though!

Back
Top Bottom