Newbie from SoCal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigHoss951

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all!! I don't want to get long-winded, so I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

Zero success with previous aquariums due to no knowledge of the cycle. Kept the tank, but haven't used it for about 4 yrs. I recently saw some dwarf puffers at the LFS, and decided to try again. I haven't bought the fish yet, dont worry haha. Here's what I have and what I've done, hopefully you all can help me get started right this time!!

10 gal tank
Aqueon QuietFlow 10 filter
Tetra airpump with 5 inch airstone

I filled the tank yesterday aftn, and added Jungle Start Right and Microbe-Lift Special Blend in the required doses to start the cycling. Had the filter and airstone going as well.
Ultimate goal is 2 Dwarf puffers, a couple Oto's, and maybe some shrimp for cleanup.

Any and all advice is welcomed!! :thanks:

Also forgot to mention, I would like to get some live plants to go with the fake ones, so any advice on that would be awesome. I.E. species, lighting requirements, etc

WELCOME from another SoCal resident! You'll get lots of good info on here. I'm currently cycling 2 tanks, a 10g & a 46g. As everyone will say on here water changes are your friend! Keep an eye on your levels & do water changes accordingly. I can't speak to your stocking plan but others will chime in. Happy cycling.

Haha woohoo! Another Socal aquarist. We ALL know that CA is the best;) Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom