Newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clearwater

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey there fellow fishos. My name is Ian.
I'm from Queensland Australia. I have just purchased my very first Aquarium,and have bought 4 fish today. 2 neon red Tetras and 2 Blue neon tetras
They have settled in nicely and are exploring their new home. I plan to add a few more as the weeks and $ allow. I am 61, single and also own a Pitbull named chilli. She is fascinated by the aquarium and it's inhabitants. She sits there staring at them, then looks back at me seemingly amazed that I had the audacity to bring new lives into ours.
I hope to gain as much information as possible via this group and the knowledge is very much appreciated. TIA to all.

Hi Ian and welcome to the forum :)

How long has the tank been set up?

Did the shop tell you how to clean and maintain the aquarium and filter?

Did you cycle the tank before adding fish?
Cycling an aquarium involves adding a source of ammonia for a month or so and letting beneficial bacteria grow in the filter. It's not an issue if the tank isn't cycled, you just keep feeding down for a month, don't add too many fish, and do regular water testing and water changes.

Any chance of a picture of the tank so we can see if anything needs tweeking?

--------------------

One of my dogs didn't care about the fish. The other dog would help me pack fish for shops. Unfortunately her way of helping was to steal fish out of the buckets and wander off into the bedroom to eat them, then come back and watch the others in the buckets. I didn't know she was stealing fish until a shop mentioned there were only 9 rainbows in a bag. I could have sworn I counted 10. A few weeks later and I eventually caught the dog with a fish in her mouth. The look on her face, as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, but she had a fish in it.

Cannot understand how to use this page or site

Sorry people. After hours of trying to figure out how to use this awesome site I simply cannot.
I have tried uploading photos of my setup and fish, but am now so frustrated and angry I have given up and have decided to leave. Thank you for all comments, and I wish every body a very good day. Stay safe all and ciao. Ian

Stick with it! You’ll catch on!

Click on: Go Advanced

You will see: Manage Attachments

Click that & you’ll see prompts to upload images.

Take a breather & try later. You can do it!

You need to get the grand kids in to show you how to use it. :)
I'm the same with mobile phones, I got one a year ago and still can't use it :)

But as Jacky says, take a break from the site and try again later. Underneath the window where you type stuff are 2 buttons. One button has "Post Quick Reply", the other button has "Go Advanced". Click Go Advanced.

In the Advanced section a window will appear where you type stuff. Just above that there are little buttons. Fonts, Sizes, A (colors), Smilies (smiley face). On the right of that is a button that looks like it has a paperclip on it called "Attachments". Click Attachments and a smaller window should open up and have "Upload File from your Computer". Under that are some buttons called Choose File.

When you click Choose File, you should be able to look in your computer's filing system and add the image you want to add. Then upload.

Hope that helps, if not, call the grand kids over :)

Back
Top Bottom