Newbie requesting help with ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JAnders

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all - new here (just posted an intro in the Member Intro section) and would really appreciate some help with a few IDs!

I bought these three in the "assorted tank" before I really started doing research and not sure if they are the best for where I want my tank to go (really would like peacocks). I have them in a 29g now but am setting up a 55g with sand substrate.

So here they are! And thanks for the help. If I am doing this wrong please let me know, too!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420220573.185649.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420220584.586193.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420220594.984393.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

bumble bee and a red zebra, and if you really want peacocks I wouldn't mix them with your mbuna. Mbuna are a lot more aggressive than the peacocks. The peacocks will become stressed and not color up or breed

bumble bee and a red zebra, and if you really want peacocks I wouldn't mix them with your mbuna. Mbuna are a lot more aggressive than the peacocks. The peacocks will become stressed and not color up or breed

Thanks. Is the small blue one a bumble bee, too? So far the only real aggressive behavior I see is the one you said is a red zebra. I am really leaning on taking these back to the store (they already said they would take them back) and going with peacocks.

no the blue one isn't a bumblebee, not sure what he is. If you wan't peacocks you can't really mix them with the mbuna you have. Some people have luck doing it, but it stresses the peacocks out. If your planning a pure peacock tank I would return the mbuna.

Also keep in mind when your buying your peacocks that the females don't really have any color. If you plan to breed them then get females, but if all your looking for is a colorful tank make sure you get all males. Also make sure your feeding the right food mbuna like a more veggie based diet and peacocks like more meat / protein. NLS will work for both though

no the blue one isn't a bumblebee, not sure what he is. If you wan't peacocks you can't really mix them with the mbuna you have. Some people have luck doing it, but it stresses the peacocks out. If your planning a pure peacock tank I would return the mbuna.

Also keep in mind when your buying your peacocks that the females don't really have any color. If you plan to breed them then get females, but if all your looking for is a colorful tank make sure you get all males. Also make sure your feeding the right food mbuna like a more veggie based diet and peacocks like more meat / protein. NLS will work for both though

I am really looking more for a colorful tank. I spend a lot of time in my home office (where tank is located) and like the look. It's relaxing! Thanks for the advice on the mbuna v peacock. Certainly want a tank that gets along (as best I can).

your welcome. I keep mbuna myself but I don't mix the two. I have tried in the past but my peacocks never really colored up as nice as they should.

Hello all - new here (just posted an intro in the Member Intro section) and would really appreciate some help with a few IDs!

I bought these three in the "assorted tank" before I really started doing research and not sure if they are the best for where I want my tank to go (really would like peacocks). I have them in a 29g now but am setting up a 55g with sand substrate.

So here they are! And thanks for the help. If I am doing this wrong please let me know, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You have a Kenyi, RedxRed Zebra, and a powder blue Socolofi

Back
Top Bottom