Newbie w dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonkeyCandy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 16 gal nano w just 2 blue damsels in it so far. I'm about to get some basic cleaning crew in there & want to start getting coral in there. Anything I should do before that? Ideas on good coral to start with?

Attachments

• image-1631221827.jpg
    image-1631221827.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 77
Also test your water. Inverts and especially coral can be sensitive to high nitrates and will not tolerate ammonia nor nitrite.

I've got 14k LEDs that are meant for reefs. I test my water at least once a week. I have about 16 lbs of live rock & live sand each. I'm running 2 3-stage filters & a protein skimmer.

I know very little on lighting but great starter corals are softies (zoas, mushrooms, ect) but if you would want to get into hard coral montiporas are good to start with.

Thanks for the advice. Also, since I only have the 2 damsels, am I going to need to feed my cleanup crew? If so, what?

wow thats only 16 lbs of lr? i ahve 20 lbs and i have lik triple the amount u have

i kinda wish i had less, i like the minimalistic look

Yep, right under 16 technically. Thanks. I kinda like it too. Once I start getting more coral, I might add more, but it's good for now.

Back
Top Bottom