The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

specificity

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok, I just got a hand me down tank but with the tank was the promise to keep a few of the fish until the original owner could upgrade. Problem is, I don't know how long that will take and I really want to get my tank going. Included in this tank are 3 plecos (two standard and one bristlenose) that are about 6 inches each, and 2 4-5 inch clown loaches.

I really want to get my african tank set up but I'm afraid, given I plan on getting younger (2 inch currently) cichlids, that there might be a problem with this combo.

Right now I've see the loaches swimming around their driftwood (plan on using some crushed coral under the sand to balance out the PH that driftwood lowers) and for the most part, the plecos just hang around on the driftwood too.

He also gave me a couple of southies (rainbow cichlids) which he didn't want back so I gave to a friend, but they were about 6 inches each.

Any chance I could make it work starting up my tank with the cichlids or am I going to be stuck waiting until he takes his fish back?

What type of Cichlids? The bn pleco and loaches should be fine. Idk about the commons but given the size difference you should be fine for a while. My mbuna don't bother my botia Loach and they are about the same size.

Back
Top Bottom