The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DinkytheClown

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone I'm new to caring for a tank. I currently own a 10 gallon with 2 silver tipped sharks and one sucker fish. Ill post pics after this. I currently don't like how small my tank is s I am looking to upgrade to a bigger tank I was thinking 50-75 gallon tank. I am in the military and enjoy the company of caring for fish. I also own a 10 gallon tank with 2 tiger salamanders which when pups was an aquatic so I have some experience with caring for a tank but not much. If anyone has tips or tricks on a better enviroment or eating habits I will gladly take them.

Lol that would be great but I don't have that much room for that size of a tank. This is what I have right now.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110928_222954.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110928_222954.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 75
  • ForumRunner_20110928_223011.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110928_223011.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 77
With the silver tips, they are a true brackish water fish. If you add salt to the tank, the colors will shine thur.

Also if you do a 50-75 gal, with brackish water. You could add scat's and mono,s with the sharks.

I add aquarium salt to my tank ad I have noticed they do shin more. On the 75G if I want to do like a reef setup will it work with them?

That's a tough one, it might work. But you would want to acclimate him slowly. Maybe over a two month period. Also I dont know if it would even be reef safe.

What would make it not work? I have live plants as well but I would like to have a more open tank to see them but at the same time I want them to have those places to hide and do their fishy duties

Back
Top Bottom