Newbie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangelover77

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm interesting in breeding some fish. Right now, I have two Platy( Red Wag Platy and a Sunburst Platy), one Molly (Black Molly), one guppy ( Tequila Sunrise Delta Guppy), and one tetra ( green neon tetra). I have them in a 50 gallon tank and would really love to start breeding. I also want some new fish. Help, please!! Thanks!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395191092.451377.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395191134.091107.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395191199.687869.jpg

Welcome to AA.

So a few things,

Get rid of the tetra, it will eat the fry.

Get rid of the male guppy, a pregnant female is all you need.

Your platys both look like they could already be pregnant, so you're already ahead.

You'll need more cover for the fry.

You'll need a larger tank for everyone to grow out in.

How long has this tank been set up?

Welcome to AA.

So a few things,

Get rid of the tetra, it will eat the fry.

Get rid of the male guppy, a pregnant female is all you need.

Your platys both look like they could already be pregnant, so you're already ahead.

You'll need more cover for the fry.

You'll need a larger tank for everyone to grow out in.

How long has this tank been set up?

My tank has been set up around 2 months.

I can't just get rid of the fish because they are my brothers.

Can I just move the two pregnant fish before they give birth and put the fry in a separate smaller tank until they get large enough?

You could do a smaller tank for a few weeks, not much longer than that. You'd need to be extra diligent on keeping it clean since it won't be cycled and you'll have all the fry in it.

The 10g will still be too small if you plan to add the fry back to it though.

You could do a smaller tank for a few weeks, not much longer than that. You'd need to be extra diligent on keeping it clean since it won't be cycled and you'll have all the fry in it.

The 10g will still be too small if you plan to add the fry back to it though.

I plan on getting a larger tank soon. How long till they drop do you think? When do I need to separate them?

Back
Top Bottom