Newby worried about tiny moving things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Omega

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there guys,

firstly I want to thank everyone for this wonderful site very helpful thanks.

And then a small problem I am sure it is nothing to stress about but just want to make sure, I have read thru most of the posts but could not find something that fits the description.

I have finished setting up my tank and everything has been running smoothly I got my LR Two days ago and there are no fish in at this stage so I sit and look at the rock to see what is alive in the LR

And I saw these tiny things moving around on the LR it has got a long slim body with legs and as far as I can make out two feelers on its head, they look like pretty aggressive critters because they fight with each other.

They are really so small I tried taking a photo but they are just too small to see them on the screen.

thanks for the quick reply.

I had a look at the site and cant really find something that looks like my critters, I must say they might look like a isopod after a few days cause they a really small

Could be depending on where you got your rock from. More commonly though isopods are not always a problem but there can be parasitic species. Keep in mind that amphipods are very similar in appearance.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom