next step: advice appreciated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ripvanrina

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi- my tank just finished cycling and now that it's done I realized I have no idea how I'm doing...
ok this is what I have

25gal-fishless cycle
NH3-0ppm
NO2-0ppm
NO3-20-40ppm
PH-7.6..ish
temp- 78*

aquaclear 150 HOB

So I think my next step is to do about a 50% PWC?is that good? and then i get fish...
as far as fish go-I'm looking for a community with a couple larger fish, and then possibly a schooling fish or just some smaller ones
for larger fish i was thinking something like kribs, gouramis(pearl or opaline), or a yellow lab or lemon cichlid. possibly a school of cories or a couple yoyo loaches. maybe..
1 krib 4"
1 pearl gourami 4"
5 pygmy cories 1.25"
5 2" tetras or rasboras?
that's 24.25" of fish if the measurements are correct..
I got most of the info off of badman's

criticism is appreciated! newbie here looking to get off on the right foot..
thanks so much!

Looks good to me. Of course dont get them all at once.
From my searches on the inch per gallon rule, dont include the tail in the measurments. So say about 21 inches of fish instead of 24.

Be sure you have a cave or hiding spot of some kind for the Krib.

and all the bacteria will be fine if i do that all at once? or should i do a bunch of smaller ones over the course of this week? I can't get fish until the weekend so I have some time, although it's hard being patient

and any suggestions of what fish to get first? it seems more common to get the biggest fish first...I have no idea.

thanks again!

The bacteria is not in your water column, but in your gravel and on olther surfaces. Do it all at once. You'll be fine.

I would say get the most aggressive fish last. That would be the Krib. And it will not be any trouble being solo so dont worry.

Back
Top Bottom