Nils' Tanks Expedition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol. I missed so much school when I was your age. 2 weeks here, 1 week there. Hated school.

What brand and did you both get the same filter? What's it rated for?

Brenna

Lol. I missed so much school when I was your age. 2 weeks here, 1 week there. Hated school.

What brand and did you both get the same filter? What's it rated for?

Brenna

Sunsun, think we got the same filter. 105GPH, going on tens. I wish I could miss school, haven't missed a day since second grade and that's because of pneumonia.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sunsun, think we got the same filter. 105GPH, going on tens. I wish I could miss school, haven't missed a day since second grade and that's because of pneumonia.

Wow! I was always at the doc. Or are your parents doctors and they know you don't have mystery illness.

Sunsun is popular.

Brenna

I just didnt go much. Aced tests and did just fine.... Lol. But you need to go.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow! I was always at the doc. Or are your parents doctors and they know you don't have mystery illness.

Sunsun is popular.

Brenna

Moms a dentist, but she knows enough to be a doctor. Dad is an engineer. Half of my family are doctors so my family stresses on medical careers.

Yep we got the same one. Honestly, I know it sounds lame but for real, when did any of you oldies ever have to solve a linear equation in order to find whatever on the x axis?

Mathcounts bro Mathcounts, what I wanna know is why the heck will we ever need this stuff:ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452560526.878366.jpg

Linear and quadratic equations can actually come in handy.

I've only ever used algebra and geometry in the real world. Geometry can be useful for builds etc and algebra I used when I made compounds at the pharmacy

Brenna

Mathcounts bro Mathcounts, what I wanna know is why the heck will we ever need this stuff:View attachment 283488

Dude is that for a grade? In school and 1 hour tutoring a week is enough for me....

Just hearing the word quadratic makes me want to run :lol:

Mathcounts bro Mathcounts, what I wanna know is why the heck will we ever need this stuff:View attachment 283488

YOu might not need it but you'll be smarter than everyone else.... mathematical thinking skills that are taught by higher level maths will put you lightyears ahead of everyone else in college.

I've only ever used algebra and geometry in the real world. Geometry can be useful for builds etc and algebra I used when I made compounds at the pharmacy

Brenna

True, true. I'm good with area and all the simple stuff, once it gets to whatever madness Bull said earlier I'm done.

Took a couple pics of the 10, uploading on Photobucket. Gonna upload em after dinner. Added some more rocks, didn't really move the ones that were in there already. Going to fill her up tomorrow, run few days, test values, drain, plant, and I'll go from there.

True, true. I'm good with area and all the simple stuff, once it gets to whatever madness Bull said earlier I'm done.

Took a couple pics of the 10, uploading on Photobucket. Gonna upload em after dinner. Added some more rocks, didn't really move the ones that were in there already. Going to fill her up tomorrow, run few days, test values, drain, plant, and I'll go from there.

Can't wait to see it filled up!

So what's your livestock plan?

Brenna

Just the puffs from the 5.5 plus another one from the LFS. Shrimp have to go in here too, just might not add them so early on in order to give the tank some time to get established. Was thinking some ottos too, only if algae begins to be a problem before the tank gets dialed in. If I get some ottos and thy clean up the initial algae bloom I'll just supplement their diet with some algae wafers.

Speaking of shrimp, lost a couple in the past few days. Not really sure why. Lost a smaller male the day before yesterday and found a dead female today. Lifespan? All others are fine, nothing's changed. Trates - <10 Trites - 0 Ammo - 0 pH - 7.4-7.6

Most likely lifespan, I've read it's usually 12 to 18 months.

Ok, as long as it isn't some sickness spreading from shrimp to shrimp. Kinda sad that I'm not being able to continue the colony, puffs make that impossible with hem eating the baby shrimp and all. I might trade the shrimp in to the LFS for store credit. Thinking maybe trading for a dwarf cray or 2.......just thought back to the little guys. Pretty cool, might have to fall into that trap

Pics aren't uploading on Photobucket, I'll mess around with it later. Just wanted to say that I filled the 10 up today, hooked up the canister and very pleased with the results. Tank looks like crap though tbh. Got some Petsmart Gel pack crypts (wendtii) and planted those, there were 3 in there. Got 2 crypts and a portion of water sprite from the LFS. Threw some dwarf water lettuce and some salvinia minima in there to soak up trates/trites/ammo.

What are your thoughts on trading the RCS to the LFS for a couple dwarf crays? Really liked them when I had them, didn't live long but now that I know more and could keep them alive I feel like they would do good in my setup. I'll dwell on it, bio load wouldn't be heavy. I filmed a video today, just need to figure out how to get it on Youtube.

Pics aren't uploading on Photobucket, I'll mess around with it later. Just wanted to say that I filled the 10 up today, hooked up the canister and very pleased with the results. Tank looks like crap though tbh. Got some Petsmart Gel pack crypts (wendtii) and planted those, there were 3 in there. Got 2 crypts and a portion of water sprite from the LFS. Threw some dwarf water lettuce and some salvinia minima in there to soak up trates/trites/ammo.

What are your thoughts on trading the RCS to the LFS for a couple dwarf crays? Really liked them when I had them, didn't live long but now that I know more and could keep them alive I feel like they would do good in my setup. I'll dwell on it, bio load wouldn't be heavy. I filmed a video today, just need to figure out how to get it on Youtube.

Did the dirt cloud the tank?

Yeah, it did a lot. Hoping it'll be cleared up by tomorrow. I need to get another bag of sand, some spots where a lot of soil is showing and I didn't cover some spots too well wt the first layer. Just tested levels
Ammo - 0.25
Nitrate - 0 (?)
Nitrite - Haven't done it yet, I'll test all this afternoon.

Yeah, it did a lot. Hoping it'll be cleared up by tomorrow. I need to get another bag of sand, some spots where a lot of soil is showing and I didn't cover some spots too well wt the first layer. Just tested levels
Ammo - 0.25
Nitrate - 0 (?)
Nitrite - Haven't done it yet, I'll test all this afternoon.

It can take a long time to settle to be honest. You will probably be better off doing careful water changes for the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom