Nipping platies! Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainBooom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help please, I have 2 female platy fish. One is slightly bigger than the other and has started trying to nip the smaller fish. I wanted to know if this was normal? Or if I've got a problem on my hands!!

27 litres. They have plenty of room? They have only been in the tank 2 days could this be the problem? :£
)

how long ago did you get these fish? may be pregnant if it was less then 30 days ago. i have 1 male platy and 3 female platies, the 1 pregnant female will nip at the other constantly in my 38 gallon

Literally 3 days ago now, she doesn't look pregnant from what I can tell. They swim
About peacefully 90 percent of the time! I've been watching them today and it hasn't happened so far. Fingers crossed it was just a bit of settlin into the tank and I won't have baby fry on my hands

well i guess you will find out for sure in about 30 days then, female platies bought in a mixed tank (male and female) will most likely be pregnant, it does not take much lol.

I had a platy that killed all the other platys then killed all my guppys, then started working on my swordtails. You may have just ended up with one like mine, I swear my little jerkfish would do better in an African cichlid tank....

Also, 7.2 gallons isn't good for these fish

Back
Top Bottom