Nitrate question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have 0 nitrates and im wondering why pretty much i have a pretty light load with 7 ottos,7 cory trilenatus, 7 amano shrimp and 8 neons and i recently added some wysteria which is taking off, you guys think the wyateria is taking up all the nitrates?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I currently have 0 nitrates and im wondering why pretty much i have a pretty light load with 7 ottos,7 cory trilenatus, 7 amano shrimp and 8 neons and i recently added some wysteria which is taking off, you guys think the wyateria is taking up all the nitrates?

Wisteria is a nitrate sponge, so that could be possible. What size tank are they in?

Wisteria is a nitrate sponge, so that could be possible. What size tank are they in?

From my experience wisteria is a root feeder rather than a water column feeder. Is be surprised if it took in much nitrate.

It's possible but we would need more details about your tank. What test kit are you using and are you following directions to the letter including timed shaking?

Woops forgot to add that ive got everything in a 40b, i test with the api master test kit and yes i follow everything its the first time it shows up as 0

My wisteria is growing roots everywhere mid column and whatnot, ive also got a bunch of cryptocoryne wendtii bronze, 4 amazon swords, 1 anubia nana and a crinium calimastratum everythings growing great apart from my crypts that started melting when i changed the wayer

My wisteria is growing roots everywhere mid column and whatnot, ive also got a bunch of cryptocoryne wendtii bronze, 4 amazon swords, 1 anubia nana and a crinium calimastratum everythings growing great apart from my crypts that started melting when i changed the wayer

All of those plants are heavy substrate feeders. I guess its probable that the wisteria is the culprit keeping your nitrates low.

Yea i dose pps pro without notrates or magnesium though cuz it used to be fine and for the root feeders i do osmocote plus in lil capsules o and also i use about 1mml per gallon of metricide 14

Think ima start adding some nitrates into the mix

Just seemed a bit weird i had a bunch of diatoms before i changed the water i just changed the water and they were gone

Back
Top Bottom