Ammonia, Nitrates and Nitrites are 0?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adpearce

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!

I recently upgraded to a 10 gallon tank. I got a different filter, but put my old, cycled filter foams in the tank to help cycle it, starting on 7/10. I have 3 mystery snails, and 4 platys (one medium one, and 3 babies that are just a couple months old)

Started taking my API test kit readings on 7/13 (Nitrate 5, Nitrite .25, Ammonia 1) and Nitrate and Nitrite had steadily gone up- on 7/19-7/22, Nitrate was 40, Nitrite was 2. Then those numbers started to go down. Starting 7/20 my ammonia looked to be 0, and from then on.

7/25: Ammonia 0, Nitrate 10, Nitrite 1
7/26: Ammonia .25, Nitrate 2, Nitrite 0
7/27: Ammonia .25, Nitrate 1, Nitrite .25
7/28-8/2: Ammonia 0, Nitrate 0, Nitrite 0

I also added Dr. Tims one and only when my Nitrates and Nitrites started climbing (thinking there was not enough BB from my 3.5 gallon tank). What is going on? Is my tank cycled?

Also battled a bit of Epistylis- they were put in a hospital tank until spots went away- so for a bit, only my snails were in the 10 gallon.

I hope all this makes sense! I wanted to add a couple more fish- but do not want to unless I am cycled. Thoughts/help?

Back
Top Bottom