Nitrates at 60ppm FROM THE TAP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like some have said, you need to contact your water supplier unless you have well water... nitrates are toxic to humans and all animals actually... You can get cancer and stuff down the road from high nitrates in your drinking water... If you have well water start thinking about a water treatment system.. All my houses I have had which had well water had a water treatment and water softening system in the basements..

And what is this business about diving your nuitrates by 2.... lol if the test kti says clearly 40PPM... why would you half it to 20 ?

Like some have said, you need to contact your water supplier unless you have well water... nitrates are toxic to humans and all animals actually... You can get cancer and stuff down the road from high nitrates in your drinking water... If you have well water start thinking about a water treatment system.. All my houses I have had which had well water had a water treatment and water softening system in the basements.. And what is this business about diving your nuitrates by 2.... lol if the test kti says clearly 40PPM... why would you half it to 20 ?

I have contacted my water supplier and they are sending me an analysis of the water for my area and they tested and it shows 29 and abit (so call it 30) and my levels are showing around 60 for the API liquid test kit so what the other guy was saying is if my test kit is inaccurate showing 60 when it is infact 30 my kit is showing double the actual reading so if I half my readings it should give a truer reading

When you buy plants, be careful to put the in a separate container with treat them so you don't contaminate your aquarium with snails. You won't necessarily see snails on the plants, but prevention is much easier than cure! Good luck!

When you buy plants, be careful to put the in a separate container with treat them so you don't contaminate your aquarium with snails. You won't necessarily see snails on the plants, but prevention is much easier than cure! Good luck!

I already have a lot of pest snails but they keep my assassin snails happy so it's all good :)

Back
Top Bottom