Nitrites in tap water!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis32

Aquarium Advice Regular
I posted roughly a week ago about issues with cycling my fish tank, and said my Nitrites in my tap water were unbelievably high. Well, now I decided to post a picture of my result. This is the same result I get no matter which sink, and doesn't matter when I do it. As you can see it is higher than the test even reads, which is 5.0. This is city water with nothing added to it! (straight from the tap). Has anyone ever had this issue?

Attachments

• 20150713_170624.jpg
    20150713_170624.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 46
You could try and figure out an RO/DI mixture to help bring it down before adding to the tank.

Caleb

Problem is, I use the python system, so that way it is so much easier to add and take water out of the aquarium.

I have never had this issue anywhere that I have lived in the US. You should check with your water dept. It doesn't sound right.

Make a search for your local water report and call the water company.

For tap water that is way way way above the EPA accepted limit of 1ppm. There has been a number of times I have seen aquarists alert the correct authorities about problems with the water.

Back
Top Bottom