NLS H2O Stable Wafers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gofish345

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
This is my first post in this forum after getting back into fish keeping since I was a kid. I have a tank with 3 fancy guppies and 2 cory pandas in it. I initially tried feeding all of them sinking pellets but the guppies would gobble all of them up before the cories could get any and any that did drop down got lost in the gravel. So I bought the NLS H2O Stable Wafers today to give the cories a better chance. My question is how much should I be feeding them? Is one wafer per day for the whole tank appropriate or too much/too little? One can't use the old standby of however much the fish can finish in a few minutes since these wafers are made to slowly break down over a 24hr time period. Anyone have experience with these NLS wafers and how much to feed?

I never feed any of my plecos wafers anymore. They all get and eat NLS pellets. This is one of many issues with gravel that make me use sand. How long is it taking for them to completely eating it?

I only dropped the one first wafer in about 6 hrs ago and there's still a fair amount left after they were pecking at it more feverishly initially and just intermitently now. I think the problem though is that it's made to disintegrate over 24 hrs - regardless of how many fish are chomping at it. So I don't really know how much of it the fish are eating.

I feed one per my 5 ottos. It gets eaten over the course of a day. Just leave it in there. Herbivores will graze throughout the day.

Hmm..interesting, it's been over 24 hrs now since I put in the one wafer and there still remains about 2/3 of the wafer left. And my water has turned whitish cloudy! I assume this is a sign that the one wafer is too much for my 3 guppies and 2 corys? I should probably take out that left over wafer shouldn't I? Or should I just let them continue feeding on it?

Back
Top Bottom