no more conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobaquarists

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys so i went to the lfs and they are out of water conditioner and the next shipment does not come in for two weeks what do i do? i do 50% wc every other day and i only have 1 fish safe bucket sio leaving the water out overnight isnt really a valid idea

Try another LFS???

Borrow some from someone???

Buy the reconstituted RO from the LFS??? You will have to do a slow transition over to it and then a slow transition back with this option.

Purchase online with one or two day shipping???

Feed less and let it go for two weeks???

Try another LFS???

Borrow some from someone???

Buy the reconstituted RO from the LFS??? You will have to do a slow transition over to it and then a slow transition back with this option.

Purchase online with one or two day shipping???

Feed less and let it go for two weeks???

there is only the one fish store in town and i dont know anyone else that has fish tanks that care for them properly whats RO? and i cant buy online no credit card

Do you have paypal? Anybody with a checking account can get that.

You really should have it. Next time, don't wait so long to replenish your stock.

Do you have paypal? Anybody with a checking account can get that.

You really should have it. Next time, don't wait so long to replenish your stock.

no no pay pal either gonna have to look into that one and your right as soon as i can get some im gonna buy 12 bottles

I wouldn't go too far and buy a bunch of bottles. I'm sure these things have shelf lives. Did you ask your LFS if they had any sample packets you could have? I know a lot of new kits come with a packet of the stuff.

I wouldn't go too far and buy a bunch of bottles. I'm sure these things have shelf lives. Did you ask your LFS if they had any sample packets you could have? I know a lot of new kits come with a packet of the stuff.

yea he had one sample pack that he gave me

That should be enough for your weekly water change if it is a smaller tank, and then hopefully by next week they'll have it in stock.

That should be enough for your weekly water change if it is a smaller tank, and then hopefully by next week they'll have it in stock.

i usually do 50% wc every other day not weekly but im holding off untill my water params get high before i use the sample pack and the next shipment isnt in for 2 weeks:banghead:

Do they have a craigslist for Canada? You could post a wanted ad on there and explain your situation. If you were in the states I'd just mail you some. I just got a new 2 liter bottle of Prime.

Last edited:
Do they have a craigslist for Canada? You could post a wanted ad on there and explain your situation. If you were in the states I'd just mail you some. I just got a new 2 liter bottle of Prime.

thank you!! i didnt even think of looking on kijiji (canadian version of craigslist)

Are you really overstocked?

As i only do water changes about every 2 weeks.

My water params are always low and i just do about 10% every 2 weeks.

Keeps the good bios in there.

If you're note overstocked I wouldn't think the consequences of not doing a water change for 2 weeks would be that severe...maybe a build up of nitrates but nothing a few changes post two weeks wouldn't clear up.

my current stock list is 1 male veiltail betta
2 Striped Raphael Catfish
3 albino corydoras
2 peppered corydoras
3 khuli loaches
4 neon tetra's

I'd be real wary of using that pasta pot. At one point, I'm sure you've cleaned it with soap and water.

You should try googling pet stores in Sudbury Ontario. I just did and found 2 pet valu's and 1 petsmart so far. I'm sure there is more then you think.

Back
Top Bottom