Non-Aquarium Hobbies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's nice to hear that people rescue these babies. In my line of work I see a lot of shelter cats (we are affiliated with a no kill shelter ). All cats that they bring into our clinic have usually been dumped and are at the point of no return. Being the one that has to euthanize these babies you gain a whole new perspective. Here's my girl Mckenzie.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1429287800036.jpg
    1429287800036.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 78
It's nice to hear that people rescue these babies. In my line of work I see a lot of shelter cats (we are affiliated with a no kill shelter ). All cats that they bring into our clinic have usually been dumped and are at the point of no return. Being the one that has to euthanize these babies you gain a whole new perspective. Here's my girl Mckenzie.

She's adorable. I would never have the heart to do the job of euthanization on helpless animals. :(

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

They are really sick though and it hurts my heart to see them in pain.

They are really sick though and it hurts my heart to see them in pain.

Yes I realize that but still I don't think I could be the one to "pull the plug" I'm a diehard animal lover.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yes I realize that but still I don't think I could be the one to "pull the plug" I'm a diehard animal lover.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

It takes a lot out of me sometimes. But I know that they are going to a better place. I joke with people sometimes and say "and that is why I drink. "

It takes a lot out of me sometimes. But I know that they are going to a better place. I joke with people sometimes and say "and that is why I drink. "

Lol that's a pretty good reason to drink!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

My cows and horses!

(I guess I like expensive things!)

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

My hobbies are RC planes (not the cheap ones from Target, the REAL ones lol, I'm talking 4 foot wingspan) soccer, hermit crabs and fishing!

Mountain biking, Working out, geocaching, and aquariums of course! Still am in high school so add my 3 sports on that (football, Lacrosse, and basketball) (y)

I take care of my animals, 1 cat 3 kittens and 2 dogs. I also game and garden during the summer, an I'm not just talking about flowers I'm talking about getting your hands cut from picking okra all day. Then I draw and read too, I drew my profile picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For me it is tattoos, cats, and music (I went to college and did music performance - bassoon)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

@TMRC, it's really fun! I also have an RC car, I like them because they're a lot more stable than planes and you don't always have to wait for the wind to die down! Planes are really nice once you get the hang of them, and I spend a lot of summer evenings on a field with my planes.

Nils

I am jealous TMRC. I want a good 4wd truck/buggy that I can bash around but not kill my wallet. Funny RC related story - My brother has had a few nitro road cars in the past, this one in particular would do around 75-80. We were at a large vacant parking lot goofing around with it, and the servo or something for the controller went out with the car still going. Wheels slightly turned, and wide open throttle. That little car zipped and screamed across the parking lot for at least 5 minutes before he caught it. It had slammed into a curb and ripped the muffler off, and in my brothers state of panic, the only way he could shut the motor off was to suffocate it. He proceeds to place HIS FINGER TIP over the exhaust port on the head unit it shut off. 3rd degree burn. He realized how dumb it was once it was over haha.

Beautiful pup! Here was Zeus around the 1 year mark. He also passed of cancer.

11 fosters was defiantly an experience. We took in a momma and 9 pups that were just a few days old, and a few weeks later someone dropped off a deaf adult male. The pups are spread every where, with two being in Arizona these days! We are from TN btw! Haha. It was heaven at times, no drug could make you as happy as being the target of a puppy pile. Although it is pretty sweet when my 2 year old daughter climbs in my lap each day to brush my beard for me :)

The awesome bullie smile!

Geez how did forget dogs in hobbies... excuse the pink harness on my male red nose, it belongs to the brindle female.

He's man enough to be comfortable in pink ;)

Beautiful dog's everyone!
Here's my babies

This is Marley he was a rescue!

This is Zak he's a rescue too. He has liver damage and arthritis he's my baby.
Yay for rescue dogs! And that Marley pic is priceless!

I am jealous TMRC. I want a good 4wd truck/buggy that I can bash around but not kill my wallet. Funny RC related story - My brother has had a few nitro road cars in the past, this one in particular would do around 75-80. We were at a large vacant parking lot goofing around with it, and the servo or something for the controller went out with the car still going. Wheels slightly turned, and wide open throttle. That little car zipped and screamed across the parking lot for at least 5 minutes before he caught it. It had slammed into a curb and ripped the muffler off, and in my brothers state of panic, the only way he could shut the motor off was to suffocate it. He proceeds to place HIS FINGER TIP over the exhaust port on the head unit it shut off. 3rd degree burn. He realized how dumb it was once it was over haha.

Haha, the joys of having an rc stuck at wide open throttle with no control. I clipped my nephew at about 60 like that, took him off his feet.

If Ur interested check out the ECX boost and ruckus. 1/10 scale for $100 for 2wd, about 175$ for 4wd.

I love detailing my truck often. Guess you could call it a hobby because there is a lot of research involved.

Recently got into vaping so there is a lot of building to do with it. Guess you could also call it a hobby.

And Xbox.

Back
Top Bottom