Non-electric auto-topoff for ro system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckycat

Aquarium Advice Freak
At some point I read something on-line about a float switch (non-electric) that simply opened/shut a valve to let in additional RO water from an RO tank when water levels fell below a certain threshold. This was not the same as running some pump...I have an RO with a tank that I currently turn on/off in my sump (ball valve) to do a top-off... the switch I saw was something like the valve in a toilet that has a ball on it that raises/lowers to operate the switch.

Anyone use a mechanism like this for their auto top off? Or know where I can get one of these?

They work OK, but just make sure to keep it clean cuz sometimes they get stuck in the "fill" position...

I was doing a search and found Kent Float Vales, which I think is what I'm looking for...but to avoid this "sticking"problem or at least reduce likelyhood of the problem can I put two in series, one lower than the other? So both would need to stick to have a problem.

The output for the valve is a small hole behind the float. I can't think of any way to feed one into another. I've got one in my sump and it works ok, sometimes better than others. I'm planning on putting a sprinkler timer on the input to the RO unit so it can only possibly run an hour a day, just to be on the safe side.

Back
Top Bottom