Nor-Cal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now I just go to petsmart. Stay away from the petco in rocklin. Everything I've bought there died within a day. Plants, fish and if the gravel could die it would be dead to!!

I have to say I've had good success and service from the PetSmart on Coleman in San Jose. Usually only go to those kinds of places for mass quantities of stuff for cheap, but I always have to peruse the fishies, which at this location are well-kept and generally appear healthy. Pretty good knowledge from their aquatic dept. staff.

And Lenny and Squiggy are doing just fine, thank you. Red-Belly Pacus, started about half-dollar size less than two months ago, now about 11 and 12cm. Get along quite well with the rest of the community.

I have to say I've had good success and service from the PetSmart on Coleman in San Jose. Usually only go to those kinds of places for mass quantities of stuff for cheap, but I always have to peruse the fishies, which at this location are well-kept and generally appear healthy. Pretty good knowledge from their aquatic dept. staff.

And Lenny and Squiggy are doing just fine, thank you. Red-Belly Pacus, started about half-dollar size less than two months ago, now about 11 and 12cm. Get along quite well with the rest of the community.

Yeah the people at the petsmart where im at are pretty good but they all seem like their new to the hobbie. The facilities are really good. Ive not had any of my fish die from there, only from petco. Amazing..haha

I moved down to LA for 8 months but now I'm up in Sunnyvale...

Anybody know any San Jose/Sunnyvale aquarium clubs? And how I can check it out?

Kribensis

Anybody know somewhere i might be able to find Kribensis fish in the Sacramento/Roseville area?

I'm in Pinole (east bay) but I cover a very large area on job. Have you tried Exotic Aquarium in Sacramento? They have a large store with extensive fresh and salt water sections.

Here's a site I use Aquarium Store Finder - Map but I recommend calling any first as some stores may be closed down.

Silicon Valley Aquarium Society

I moved down to LA for 8 months but now I'm up in Sunnyvale...

Anybody know any San Jose/Sunnyvale aquarium clubs? And how I can check it out?

Silicon Valley Aquarium Society
We are now meeting at the Round Table Pizza at
4400 Stevens Creek Blvd
San Jose, Ca. 95129

Silicon Valley Aquarium Society Home Page

I've never been to a meeting but I got stuck on there mailing list. Seems like a great club but it's too far away for me.

I applied to join SFBAAPS, and I am super psyched to find out about the SVAS... I googled around but couldn't find it! Yay, thanks so much!

I am south of the Yuba City / Marysville area, about 20 miles north of Sacramento.
I have been to a couple nice Sacramento shops, and Gaiser Pets in Yuba City has turned out to be a nice source of info for me.
The manager offered to help me order a custom tank and offered some activated filters to help me cycle my tank once I order and take delivery.
He was friendly, knowledgable, and accommodating.

im from the real nor-cal lol..look up Fortuna,CA.lived there all my life but now in santa rosa for school

Originally from Santa Cruz, then to Aromas, then over to San Jose THEN to Los Banos (yes its a real town in CA lol ) and now in Santa Rosa for college to get edjumacated

Lived in Humboldt for like 8 years. Arcata, Eureka, and McKinleyville Fin n Feather a great lfs. balanced aquarium also quite nice. Right before I left town a shop opened up in McKinleyville. it's the one with the insanely large display tank. Like 1600 gallons or something like that.

Now i'm in Half Moon Bay. No lfs in town. I usually go to Ultimate Aquarium in San Mateo. i really like that shop. the staff is great about answering my many questions.
As far as clubs I've gone to a MEGA swap of the SFAS and had a great time as well as coming up on some gear for CHEAP. Twice a year they do a mega swap. I will most likely be at the next one this spring.

Back
Top Bottom