Normal for new additions to have long stringy poop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daven

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. New to the mbuna world and just introduced my second kind tonight :) I have 4 acei and 5 new yellow labs. I did a complete revamp of the tank decor while I had the fish accumulating so that the territories would reset a I also had some new stuff to add anyways :p

Anyways all the new yellow labs now have long stringy poop. A tan kind of colour, not white but not real dark either. There were tons of fishin the tank I grabbed and I never noticed this on any in there. Is this normal for new fish due to stress or otherwise? They all seem real lively

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And would you recommend not feeding them for a day to clean out their system?

Lots of things can cause digestive issues. I would start by fasting them for 2 days or so and then feed them peeled peas for 2 - 3 days. That should help with any digestive issues.

A week or 2 down the road if their poo doesn't look normal I would take a picture and make a new post on the sick fish forum.

Ok thanks for the reply. I wish I could have been able to QT them :/

You're welcome! It could very well be absolutely nothing. If it does turn out to be intestinal parasites it's simple to treat with metronidazole medicated food.

Back
Top Bottom