normal T5 vs T5 High Output

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what is the difference between the two fixtures. what are the pros and cons of each.
thanks,
-Brandon

If you are deciding between the two, I always suggest going t5ho. It's usually around the same price or just a little more and it gives you a lot more to work with. It's much easier to decrease light intensity than it is to increase it.

I would always opt for t5ho you can always lower the intensity it would harder to higher it if needed

alright , but what is the difference what makes it High output, just the amount of power it puts out?

Most T5HO fixtures have legs, so glass top or open top, they'll work. I really like fishneedit lights. I've got 5 of their fixtures and can't say one bad thing about them. They're also one of the cheapest you'll find. Current makes good fixtures as well, I have two nova extremes.

Most T5HO fixtures have legs, so glass top or open top, they'll work. I really like fishneedit lights. I've got 5 of their fixtures and can't say one bad thing about them. They're also one of the cheapest you'll find. Current makes good fixtures as well, I have two nova extremes.

cool. ill look into them, was debating the double bright LEDs but not being able to replace them if they burn out kinda killed that idea for me.

BHead707 said:
cool. ill look into them, was debating the double bright LEDs but not being able to replace them if they burn out kinda killed that idea for me.

I use a hagen glo t5 2 x 39w fixtures and
2 t5 4 x 39w fixtures can't remember the names of but are well worth it

Back
Top Bottom