Not a friendly fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DepotFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I don't know why every book and website has platies listed as peaceful. I've always considered them semi-aggressive. Its not because of fighting, but because they constantly pick at the slime coat of bigger fish. I've got my three new platies in with my shubunkins right now and they are picking away at them, which is the reason I have them with my biggest and fastest goldies. The poor goldies are going crazy trying to get away from these little parasites. They might go into the new tank sooner than later as I don't want my shubbies stressed.

i think a lot of fish love to pick on goldies. i tried american flag fish, rosy barbs, and platies before giving up.

That I know, but platies are so freaking persistant. I used to have salt and pepper platies with my goldies. Now I've just got a red wag, a twinbar, and a purplish deformed platy (I think its a platy) who will be moving into my new 20g soon. *I also have 32 two day old fry, half of which are obviously red wag. *Beaming mother* They will be used to put some colour in two wild guppy tanks. After that any new platy fry become feeder fry.

Back
Top Bottom