Not Brooks' gbr tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's been going for a while but I'll share now...
20tall with pfs capping flourite and a whole lot of root tabs.
2 finnex planted plus on split photo period.
This is the start.. I'm going to do some planting tommorow so...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1418438421679.jpg
    1418438421679.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 453
Dang brooksta, nice little sleeper tank you got going on there. The dual turbines (aka: planted+) are impressive under the hood. You sure it's street legal?

Dang brooksta, nice little sleeper tank you got going on there. The dual turbines (aka: planted+) are impressive under the hood. You sure it's street legal?
Sleeper. Yah..keeps me up at night haha
I've rescaped it 10 times in the last 2 months. . I've got some myrio and 2 types of erio going in tommorow. Stand by... street legal? Not sure.. if I've learned anything.. I've learned that (sk3lly....) so much co2 I can smell it in the other room;)
Edit. Dhg..fail.. glosso.. fail/corys and gbr said no.. new dhg?? We shall see..
Growth after one day so I'm hopeful!

Last edited:
I like the row of blyxa japonica you got going on there. I did something similar in my 17g. Have you tried blyxa aubertii? I'm thinking of trading in 3x blyxa japonca for 1x blyxa aubertii at my LFS.Curious to see how red and taller it gets. Anyways, looking forward to your tank's new developments.

Last edited:
This is looking great mate :) like B I really like the blyxa! Looks very healthy. Everything in this tank looks healthy. Can't see any algae which is great

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

This is looking great mate :) like B I really like the blyxa! Looks very healthy. Everything in this tank looks healthy. Can't see any algae which is great

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The ar is going from emersed to well.. under water so it's taking a beating behind the scenes... other than that it's pretty ok in that department...

The ar is going from emersed to well.. under water so it's taking a beating behind the scenes... other than that it's pretty ok in that department...

Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here's a few of the stars.. few things.. myrio and erio are temp. Planted.. female is wild caught..

Attachments

• 1418515487329.jpg
    1418515487329.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 288
  • 1418515501461.jpg
    1418515501461.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 262
  • 1418515514319.jpg
    1418515514319.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 263
  • 1418515527013.jpg
    1418515527013.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 255
The rams look good you should see the dutch strain of rams, I saw some at my lfs the other day and all I can say is AWESOME

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Google doesn't even know what they look like... i must see these rams you speak of gillie! !! I must!!!!!

Temp? As in temperamental? Tempestuous? Tempting? TempurPedic?
I know nothing of those fish but they are attractive. Maybe one day...

All of the above.. temporarily planted. They'll be off to your tank tommorow.. they've been the bane of this hobby. So hard to get a quality bred fish. I lucked out, apparently there is a breeder in state..

Google doesn't even know what they look like... i must see these rams you speak of gillie! !! I must!!!!!

Young male and female just over an inch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1418572389582.jpg
    1418572389582.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 1418572402041.jpg
    1418572402041.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 159
That female is insane.. your's?

I got a pair of GBR from a local breeder the make grew nice the female is at best 1/2 the size of the male. Neither have colors like you guys are posting :(

Diet is key ryan, what do you feed? Check this out.. my wild caught brood before I ruined it:( they were basically translucent when I got them.. 5 months of quality foods and stable parameters..

Attachments

• 1418573985964.jpg
    1418573985964.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 183
Bummer.. they'd look amazing after a couple months in your care.m

Diet is key ryan, what do you feed? Check this out.. my wild caught brood before I ruined it:( they were basically translucent when I got them.. 5 months of quality foods and stable parameters..

I have been using tetra flakes / beef heart and sinking Thera+ pellets. Honestly most tetra flakes. What would you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom