not much info avail on Twig Catfish? (Farlowanna)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marsh

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I brought home a 3" Farlowanna and would like more info on the fish.

How large will it grow?

any tips?

Thanks so much!!:flowers:

I brought home a 3" Farlowanna and would like more info on the fish.

How large will it grow?

any tips?

Thanks so much!!:flowers:

Farlowella well generally not get over 7" but the royal can grow to 8". They need at least 55 gallons and drift wood for them to rasp on, this helps digestion. They also need lots of greens, live plants or if you don't have any live plants (like me) you can substitute it with cucumber, zucchini, lettuce, etc...(again like me). They prefer pretty densely planted aquariums, as long as you meet their nutrition requirements they can go in with fake plants. They like well oxygenated waters but not with too too strong of flow. They're incredibly peaceful fish and will not harm anything else. I've heard males will fight a lot but I only have one so I cannot back up this statement. Good luck with him! I got mine not too long ago and he's awesome!

In my opinion, twig catfish are delicate in comparison to whiptail catfish.

In my opinion, twig catfish are delicate in comparison to whiptail catfish.

Yes, farlowella are actually pretty sensitive and do require you to keep up on your water. I've never had the other one so I cannot speak for them but i do know that farlowella can be rather tricky in its care.

Back
Top Bottom