Not quite fish related...need help*Contest*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We moved a little away from fish today :eek: . Just put on hold a baby red tail boa constrictor to pick up on Friday 8O 8O. Yesterday the Fiancee says I can finally have one and today we go and pick one out.(She loves it too though).

Do need help on a good name for a male boa.....any suggestions?

We know this should be in New Aqcuisitions but "The Lounge" generates a ton of postings!!

great ideas so far...thanks. Lets make this really interesting!! If I pick a name that is given in this topic I will give all my kudos to that person. 333 and counting!!

*edit*had 452 kudos listed and it really is 333. I need to stop posting so late at night! :wink:

** Squeeezy

Just playing the Devil's advocate here... I hope she knows how large those things get, and how demanding, and how much space it takes, right? :?:

"Basil", after Alex's boa on "A Clockwork Orange". Most of the boas and other snakes I have that are named, have names from various world mythologies and folk-tales. My daughter's cornsnake is "Naga", after the cobra in Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, for instance.

Naming your boa "Squeeze", "Hugs", "Boaz", or "Monty" is like naming your dog "Fido", "Rex" or "Prince". :roll:

Bioworldmaker said:
Just playing the Devil's advocate here... I hope she knows how large those things get, and how demanding, and how much space it takes, right? :?:

She definatley knows how big they get and how long they can live. We are aware that we are going to need a 90gal or so enclosure for the snake in the next 12-18months. Thank you though :)

If I had a serpent, I'd name it "Cecil"

I wonder how many pple will get the connection?

Perhaps........because he grow quite large............"Goliath"

Keeper said:
We are aware that we are going to need a 90gal or so enclosure for the snake in the next 12-18months. Thank you though :)

Heck with that, just build an enclosure....my large ones are basically plywood boxes (either 6'x3'x2' or 8'x4'x3'), with a sliding glass front, side and back vents, built in heating and lighting....a fraction of the weight and cost (usually about $200-$300) of a glass tank, far better as they are custom built for the snake, and one of the previously mentioned dimensions (equivalent to 270G and 720G respectively) will do even a 10' female boa her entire life.

Toirtis said:
Keeper said:
We are aware that we are going to need a 90gal or so enclosure for the snake in the next 12-18months. Thank you though :)

Heck with that, just build an enclosure....my large ones are basically plywood boxes (either 6'x3'x2' or 8'x4'x3'), with a sliding glass front, side and back vents, built in heating and lighting....a fraction of the weight and cost (usually about $200-$300) of a glass tank, far better as they are custom built for the snake, and one of the previously mentioned dimensions (equivalent to 270G and 720G respectively) will do even a 10' female boa her entire life.

Any pics of these? I've seen a few on the net, but the more I see the better!!

Cecil... Would that be Cecil the Sea Sick Sea Serpent?

I think snakes merit mythical names, like Yggdrasil, Eden, Ouroborous or Quetzalcouatl. Most of those are a bit of a mouthful, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom