Not sure if red tail or rainbow shark.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarzSixx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
When I first got this fish it was milky grey and no color in the tail. Then his tail was red and had a black body and fins. Now he's really happy ( I think) cause his tail is more red and the pectoral fins are now reddish. Is it a rainbow (although the rest of the fins are black ) all the pics and sharks I've seen at LFS are all black fins on a RTS.
1425153653603.jpg Also how long does a bacterial bloom normally last? Here is a cloudy water pic of the shark with red pectoral fins.

I've been calling him S.R. or blackbird as in the SR71 blackbird. Cause he is FAST.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That looks like a red-tail shark.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

When I first got this fish it was milky grey and no color in the tail. Then his tail was red and had a black body and fins. Now he's really happy ( I think) cause his tail is more red and the pectoral fins are now reddish. Is it a rainbow (although the rest of the fins are black ) all the pics and sharks I've seen at LFS are all black fins on a RTS.
View attachment 265822 Also how long does a bacterial bloom normally last? Here is a cloudy water pic of the shark with red pectoral fins.

I've been calling him S.R. or blackbird as in the SR71 blackbird. Cause he is FAST.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The extra red pec fins is probably due to captive breeding but that is a Red Tail Black Shark and not a Rainbow Shark. Rainbows will have all the fins being redish/pinkish and have a more elongated, lighter colored body.

Hope this helps. (y)

Back
Top Bottom