Not sure what this is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i-see-you

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can someone tell me what this is?? It appeared this morning. Looks almost like a worm or a fungusy worm. Never seen it before.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1463749432936.jpg
    1463749432936.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 121
Yes, it is on the glass. Gracefully blows with the water like my pulsating xenia. However, if thats snail eggs - thats a big no no for me... My 20 gallon freshwater was over run by snails, I am not dealing with that in my reef tank!
Maybe it was the massive turbo snail I have.

Is it on your glass? Looks like snail eggs to me

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You know what? With using this as a potential lead I googled saltwater snail eggs. A couple results in google images and I find a Cerith snail laying eggs that look exactly like what I have. I am leaning towards one of my Ceriths decided they needed more Ceriths :facepalm:

Any suggestions on snail control? Other than Hermits - I have quite a few of them in there currently.

snail eggs most of the time don't make it as they get eaten just as fast as they are laid . your fish will munch on them enjoying the snack . I wouldn't stress over them , If your that stressed over them get yourself a wrasse he'll keep them under control ,

snail eggs most of the time don't make it as they get eaten just as fast as they are laid . your fish will munch on them enjoying the snack . I wouldn't stress over them , If your that stressed over them get yourself a wrasse he'll keep them under control ,

My stock is 2 clown fish, a watchman goby, a bullet goby, a purple spotted something(type of damsel) and a purple firefish. Will any of these go for them?
I do have a skunk shrimp as well.

Odds of snails taking over in a marine aquarium is slim to none it's completely different to freshwater.

If however you do end up with a load which as said is unlikely then take a load to LFS for store credit as marine snails are actually worth something ;)

Back
Top Bottom