Now I know better - anyone in Barrie, Ontario?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newgirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Now I know better (well bit better anyway...)

So a few months ago I came home with five feeder goldfish in a bucket. They had been at a stag and doe I went to and the organizer was running fish races with them. At the end of the night they were going to a guy to be fed to his larger fish.

I now know this is what happens to feeders but at the time didn't seem right so I brought them home and the next day got a 15 gallon (not knowing any better) and then did more research on how to care for my new friends and am now the proud owner of a used 90 gallon tank (I could do a pond but am in Canada and -35 is possible but as a Brit I have no idea how to keep it unfrozen) and at least for now they are happy in the big tank.

Really do need more gentle education out there - I was glad to see the folks at Petsmart talking to a lady who wanted a goldfish for her kid saying - you need a minimum of 20-30 gallon tank rather than just selling her the bowl and a fish.

I'm glad those fish have a caring person like you to take care of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you but I am the lucky one - my dad has Alzheimer's and the fish have provided all of us with a nice distraction. Have three more tanks now (15g tropical and two smaller tanks with Bettas - 5g each).

Good for you! I'm glad you found fish keeping!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom