Now the debate....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
There's an aquarium in the local paper here, and debating on whether to get it or not. Haven't called yet, but here's what it is. A 45G tank with all supplies, filter, stand, and all the fish, for $100.00. Should I get it?

It does not hurt to call and see if things are in good shape and age. If it's in good shape and you have the room, go for it.

You need it Wolf. You do not have nearly enough tanks. If it is in decent shape that is a great deal.

I don't have nearly enough tanks? LOL. Weekly maintenance is taking more of my time that I expected, LMAO......

go for it, you can never have too many tanks...lol...

seriously, thats a good deal, if i had the room, and it were me, i would go for it.

I called, and it sold right before I called, lol. I tried earlier, but there was no answer. And when I do get an answer, I miss it, lol.

I love craigslist. I can't tell you how many tanks I've almost bought from there.....if I get this job.......

If it's a 45 high, I personally don't like those tanks. I had one and it was miserable to aquascape to look remotely decent, it's just too high and narrow. On the flip side, it would make a great angelfish tank! The surface area is the same as a 30 long so you really can't keep much more in the way of fish in there.

Just my 2 cents....keep an eye on craigslist...you'll find something...and yes, you ALWAYS need more tanks!

Well, I stopped at the LFS on the way home from work and got more supplies. Got a 5.5G tank, heater, air pump, bubble want, Methalene Blue, Blackwater Suppliment, and a few other items. Also have distilled water on hand for the next set of eggs. Will do 50% distilled, with Blackwater Suppliment, and Methalene Blue. And being a smaller tank, will be easy to remove bad eggs with my tweezers.

Craigslist is great, I picked up a 30 gal with iron stand for $30 a couple of weeks ago. :) Also if you have a local fish club that's great too, we have one in Columbus and I saw a guy getting rid of a 30, 20L and 2 10's for $35. So tempting. :)

Back
Top Bottom