Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't seem that hard and your lr should have a plentiful of pods on them. Other than that you could fees them frozen mysa shrimp or however its spelled

My monti has grown a lot, the plug is almost completely covered. I have a slower growing one. You should try getting a montipora capricornis. They grow super fast and if you like fragging, you will like it a lot.

I think we've finally got you addicted to sps :D

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Dude that thing is amazing! I really want one.. But it takes a long time to grow right?? Im impatient.. Lol
Thanks.
No, not really. That one took about 16 months, from a 3" piece. I guess it all depends on what you think a long time is! I'm 40, so 16 months goes pretty quick!! Haha! As it was over-topping my Chalice frag, I could actually see daily progression.
Def one of the easier SPS, would prob be a good choice for you guys. I've got green too, but it is a slower grower than the red, at least for me. Also got darker green one with blue/ purple polyps, bought as an X-factor Monti, but I think this was just the LFS name for it, grows a little slower than the red too.

needmorecowbell said:
My monti has grown a lot, the plug is almost completely covered. I have a slower growing one. You should try getting a montipora capricornis. They grow super fast and if you like fragging, you will like it a lot.

I think we've finally got you addicted to sps :D

Awesome! I want a fast grower!

No way man..the entire left half of my tank is dedicated to LPS..they are soo much better:) haha but ya, i will for sure be getting montis, birdsnest, and maybe some acans at one point.

So pods and mysis then krocky? Hmm..ill add that fish instead of the wrasse on the list:)

Gboy66 said:
Awesome! I want a fast grower!

No way man..the entire left half of my tank is dedicated to LPS..they are soo much better:) haha but ya, i will for sure be getting montis, birdsnest, and maybe some acans at one point.

So pods and mysis then krocky? Hmm..ill add that fish instead of the wrasse on the list:)

Well its still a wrasse I think or are you talking about something else.

You should get a superman mushroom. They look awesome too! XD

Haha ill get my foxface and maybe 1 other fish before i dive into more corals :) if we see a cool monti we will get it. I nee to do more research!

I have a female leopard wrasse. They're brown compared to the males. Mine was a tank transfer. Another digger btw

Flreefer what are you doing?? Haha

And it looks good so far! We will get a one spot foxface next tuesday, the lfs is supposed to have them in! :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Flreefer what are you doing?? Haha

And it looks good so far! We will get a one spot foxface next tuesday, the lfs is supposed to have them in! :)

I was just saying, I traded in that Monti Cap today, got $40 for it, towards some live Phyto and some salt. Not bad, though I was hoping for more.

Thats cool though man! Good to hear you got some money! :)

My lfs just gives me credit, but there are a few guys there that are really chill and i always get more store credit then i deserve.

No, it was credit! Had to come off $20, for a large bottle of Phyto and a small bucket of Red Sea Coral Pro, but I was out of both. PWC tonight and scheduled to feed Phyto tomorrow.

Cool man.:)

And to update our tank, corals arent doin so hot IMO. i dont know, hopefully they come around. So far they are just okay.

Goby, clowns, pistol, and bass are all good though! All swimming an doin well:)

Funny, when we got home corals looked good! We need that dang monti now. And yes that goby seriously rearranged all of our sand!!! Its really annoying...

Haha ya its funny, and i dont really mind it, except when he covers out coral..

Question, i cant find the pistol shrimp but i know he is still alive because i hear him snapping. How am i supposed to feed him if i cant find him? I usually shoot some food into his cave but now i cant... I feed bloodworms, mysis, and pellets and the food flies all around the tank. Do you think he will get some?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha ya its funny, and i dont really mind it, except when he covers out coral..

Question, i cant find the pistol shrimp but i know he is still alive because i hear him snapping. How am i supposed to feed him if i cant find him? I usually shoot some food into his cave but now i cant... I feed bloodworms, mysis, and pellets and the food flies all around the tank. Do you think he will get some?

Yes. If he isn't now he will figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom