Nutrafin Cycle-Does it work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does it work? Once you dose it should can you put in a fish safely?

I got nutrafin cycle with my new tank and used it as directed. That was 5 weeks ago and my tank still isn't cycled yet. For the first 4 weeks I had to do daily 40% water changes to keep the nitrites down, this last week I am changing about 30% every other day.

I have heard other people have had some success but it depends on how the bottles have been stored by the retailer.

Other opinions? Do you need to constantly dose it?

Yes it works. No ya don't hafta add it constantly.

I was a little skeptical at first. It says ya can add fish immediately, so I followed the directions and added a few zebra danios immediately. Followed the directions the next two days. Never lost a fish, never saw any ammonia or nitrite spikes, and nitrates started showin' up at detectable levels a few days or a week later, don't remember how long it took. Anyways, made a believer outta me.

I've used it several times since, when I needed a tank now. Have never had any problems with it.

WYite

I used it on my first tank & didn't think it worked constantly doing pwc too keep paras down. But I have heard other people use it & say that it's worked for them. If anything I think it dragged out my cycling longer.

I got some in my new 10 gallon tank and they only gave me 60 ml so I hope i don't need to dose it weekly.

Back
Top Bottom