Nutrient deficiency?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can someone help me to find what im missing for this plant to grow well? The plant itself is growing but slowly and looks ragged i dose pps pro and metrice daily as well as weekly 50% water changes

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1418263198541.jpg
    1418263198541.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 1418263211156.jpg
    1418263211156.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 80
What light intensity are you at? How long is your photoperiod each day? And how much glut (metricide) are you dosing?

I have a 2 bulb t5ho 30in long on a 40g thats 17 inches deep but counting the substrate prob like 14 inches and i dose 20mml a day o and at about 6 hours a day

Have you tested for nitrates and phosphates?

Is the metricide diluted to excel strength? If you're not seeing any algae, I'd bump the photoperiod up an hour.

My nitrates are usually around 10-20 when i test and phosphates at 2-3 but i havent tested in a while ill test later on as for algae all i have is some gsa and no not diluted

Hmm possibly its the only plant thats not doing well everything else is growing well

Give it root tabs ??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Full tank shot

Attachments

• 1418325263828.jpg
    1418325263828.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 67
Hmm maybe i'll try that thought i had some down there from before but maybe theyre gone by now

Hmm possibly its the only plant thats not doing well everything else is growing well

It's also a particularly fast growing plant, meaning it might need a higher carbon requirement than the other plants in the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Those my narrow leaf chains?

No theyre ranalisma rostrata from azmodan

Thx =) theyre great!! Chaining a little slow prob cuz of lack of co2 but theyre nice ^^

Nitrates we're about 20 and phosphates at 5

In that case, I concur with aqua_chem, it appears to be a co2 problem. If you can't invest in a co2 system, I'd research the maximum safe level of glut you can dose.. it might be 1mL/gal. But I've never grown fast growing stems without co2 injection. Others here might be able to chime in on the glut. But with an increase in glut, I think the moss might not do so well.. not sure. CO2 would be the safest route and your plants will respond positively.

In that case, I concur with aqua_chem, it appears to be a co2 problem. If you can't invest in a co2 system, I'd research the maximum safe level of glut you can dose.. it might be 1mL/gal. But I've never grown fast growing stems without co2 injection. Others here might be able to chime in on the glut. But with an increase in glut, I think the moss might not do so well.. not sure. CO2 would be the safest route and your plants will respond positively.

+1... 1:1 is the absolute max Ive dosed glut, some plants like it.. some dont.. co2 would be the most logical move imo..

Hmm alrighty sirs I shall have to go look into co2 systems

Back
Top Bottom