Ocellaris clowns in a 12 gallon cube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My other tank has a footprint of 17.5"x10.5" so there really isn't much difference. I thought it was a 10 gal but it isn't which sucks. I could still use it as a sump but It looks like I should return the clown to my lfs.

You can also look into picking up a standard 10-20 gal for $15-30. 20 longs have awesome foot prints if you want to go a little larger.

I'm in England so there are not really any good deals on tanks anywhere around. I'll see if I can pick one up second hand. Could I just transfer all my sand and rock and equipment and add my corals and inverts instantly? And would I need more lighting and power heads etc?

The clown will be ok in this tank for a couple of months until I set up a bigger one right? It'll be about 20 gallons

I do have a 40 gallon long tank that I could set up within a couple of months. I have A 4 bulb t5ho fixture that I could use if I can grow corals under it. I'd need to buy more rock, sand, another power head and a reef octopus bh 1000 hob skimmer. It's doable but I'd have to shut down my 150 gal tropical tank to make room.

If you really want a good solid go at saltwater then a 40 is a sweet tank. You can put quite a bit of stuff in it and it has a super footprint, front to back. I have one myself. :)

But to shut down a whole other tank? that seems severe.....the clown if he is small right now can make it for a while in the cube, I would say not to go longterm but investigate getting a used tank one day soon. Just have to be patient, even in the UK there are deals to be had, just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Yeah, but my parents don't want any more tanks so I'd have to shut the 150 gal down :(

Would I definitely need a skimmer from day one if I were to set up the 40g? And would a 4 bulb t5ho with reflectors grow soft corals and lps? I'm not trying sps anytime soon haha

Back
Top Bottom