Ocellaris question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also in one of the photos, if you look at his anal fin, you can see it's torn a bit. Possibly from the nipping of the other clown?

prob. not a big issue. my maroons fins were almost completely gone one morning when i woke up and turned the lights on. they will grow back given enough tiem and pristine water.

So far water is pretty good. Ammo is .25 ppm and rest is 0. Ph is 8.1-8.2. SG: 1.023-1.024.

[Ammo is .25 ppm Is probably why your clown is stressed. It's not a huge spike and clowns are hardy. However, sometimes even the hardiest fish cannot tolerate ammonia. Are you overfeeding? Why is there an ammonia spike?

[Ammo is .25 ppm Is probably why your clown is stressed. It's not a huge spike and clowns are hardy. However, sometimes even the hardiest fish cannot tolerate ammonia. Are you overfeeding? Why is there an ammonia spike?
I didn't think I was! I can cut back on the food. I actually thought I was under feeding. My fish go insane when I drop food in, acting like I haven't fed them for days.

How do you treat brooklynella? I mentioned earlier how the black OC had a spot on his left side, I think it's a tad but bigger today. He is still barely swimming around and breathing fast.

Just posted pictures to my profile. 2/3 of them are dated 12-5-13.

Paraguard by Seachem should work based on the video below. Make sure it's brook though instead of a fungus or other bacteria, or parasite infection. Here's a vid. The info about medication is toward the middle of it. http://youtu.be/qziDaEbT5z8
ok, I did read about brook and it said it usually starts from the head and there's mucus in the gills.. I haven't seen any mucus and so far it's only in that area under his fin... I posted in the unhealthy section in the case that someone could identify it for me. I'll definitely watch this video though. Thanks!!

You are welcome and good luck!
also, if this would help rule anything out, today the black OC has been swimming in short bursts and the floating around, letting the current take him wherever. He's vertical most of the time. And he'll sink from time to time.

I was losing my fish the same way as you described. 2-4 days of floating and they die. You need to take fish out even your other clown and put them in QT

Ok, sorry to say but he is dying. Do you have a quarantine tank?
ah ok, well i couldn't say i didn't see it coming.. This is the second fish I've bought from this store that as has a disease, but the only other store here that have fish is pet smart. I have an empty 20 gallon next to my 55 that I was gonna use for a sump. It might have to be a quarantine though.

Back
Top Bottom