Ocellaris question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drip acclimation should be done for 60-90 mins. Floating the bag is not necessary. The drip method acclimates to temperature as well.

Barring any physical health issues such as Ich the clown's behavior may have been induced by stress which should go away as the fish settles into its new environment. Keep us posted.

Drip acclimation should be done for 60-90 mins. Floating the bag is not necessary. The drip method acclimates to temperature as well. Barring any physical health issues such as Ich the clown's behavior may have been induced by stress which should go away as the fish settles into its new environment. Keep us posted.
Ich was the first thing I looked for, first I looked on my black OC then on the reamst, non have it. Oh wow, I was way under par for drip. Thanks you for telling me that! I will definitely keep y'all posted.

No ish have Ich. But I just got home and my black OC is sorta pale. I'll post a photo on my profile so y'all can see it. My levels are all 0 and ph is 8.1. My other clown seems fine and is swimming around happily. I acclimated them both at the same time. Last night my black OC was swimming around like all was fine. He is still near the surface and is completely vertical. Still alive and moving his fins though.. What should I do?

And of course right before I take the pic he swims down and gains his color back and seems normal now. Still breathing fast though.

Pale=stress. Sometimes pale is also a symptom of brooklynella which hopefully it doesn't have. Have you noticed the other clown picking on this one?

Pale=stress. Sometimes pale is also a symptom of brooklynella which hopefully it doesn't have. Have you noticed the other clown picking on this one?
yes, the other clown does chase is sometimes. Right now the black OC is floating just above the sand.

Also, when the reg. ocellaris I guess "nips" the black one, the black one will shake really fast for about half a second then go bak to normal.

the shaking isnt necessarily a bad sign. i think thats more of a warning sign then anything. both of mine do it from time to time.

as a side note, if you are trying to load photos from the mobile app, try loading them through an actual computer. i ran into same problem, apparently theres a limit as to how many photos you can upload directly to AA

my 2 went at it for 4-6 weeks before finally i just gave up on trying to nurse them together ironically enough they have been completely fine ever since lol

Shaking is normal submissive behavior. Just give them time and they will figure things out....as long as they are eating.
my 2 went at it for 4-6 weeks before finally i just gave up on trying to nurse them together ironically enough they have been completely fine ever since lol
ok cool! So far they've both ben eating!

you should be ok then. the thing to remember is to not do anything drastic. itll just stress the fish out more

Well, my clown fish has been swimming from spot to spot and kid of just hanging in that spot for a few minutes. Hopefully he's getting more used to the tank. However, while spectating him, I noticed a spot behind his left side fin. Possible part of his white broken middle strip? I posted pics in my profile but they aren't very good.

Back
Top Bottom