Odd Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnNLuc

Aquarium Advice Freak
hopefully someone can help me here. I have a bi color angel who has been gentle to my reef and has not killed anything so far *knock on wood* Im looking to get a maxxima clam but want to be sure he will not pick at the mantle like I have heard from so many others who try this with dwarf angels. I know each fish has its own temperament and Im hoping mine will leave it alone but before I go out and buy one just yet I was wondering If I could pick up a clam like ones they sell in fish markets, hold him in qt for 2 weeks to rid him of anything than drop him in the tank and wait to see if my bicolor picks at him? it's much cheaper than trying this experiment with a maxxima. Any input, good idea or bad?

Angels are known to nip at clam mantles. However, I have a Niger Trigger living in my tank with a hermit crab and an Anemone for the past year and a half with no issues. Stranger things have happened. You could qt the Angel, then add the Clam in there. After a few days or so, add the Angel back in and see if he ignores it. Just keep an eye out.

Mike

My friend has a pygmy midnight angel in with his Crocea clam and has no problems from it. More problems from his clowns trying to hide in it.

Also, Maximas grow fast, about an inch or so a month. And maxing out around 2 feet, and wieghing around 300lbs, be sure you have a tank to accomodate.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom