Odyssea cf 96W 6700k light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-Rexx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a 90 gallon tank yesterday and it came with 2 of these fluorescent lights. I don't know anything about them. Are these good lights for a planted tank? would these also work for a reef set up? They look like they get hot. if i used them would they heat up my tank? I dont want to boil my fishes! the guy i bought it from had them attached to the top cabinet and had fans running.. kinda makes me worry.

Odyssea makes lights for planted tanks and saltwater tanks. With 6500k bulbs would say you have the freshwater plant lights. I have the 24 inch dual fixture on my planted tank and it does great after I replaced the bulbs. The bulbs that come with it are not that good. I do not know much about saltwater tanks but I would say you have to change the bulbs to actenic ones and higher k value. They do get a little warm but I have had no problems on my 30 gallon. I have it sitting about three inches from the water and it does not heat up the tank. The fixtures are low priced and many do not like them. I, however, could not afford the high priced lights and this works great for me.

Back
Top Bottom