Oh look, another new guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Revv10K

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

As you can see, I am new. I have always wanted a fish tank and decided to buy my 7 year old a tank. Turns out I enjoy it more than he does.

Currently have two tanks set up - 15 and a 30 and looking to do a 10 gallon one as well. The 10 and 30 were given to me with pretty much everything ready to go.

It's relaxing when it all goes well. Watching them in normal conditions helps you spot things when they are abnormal.

It's tempting to buy more and more tanks. I had to slow myself down and concentrate on two tanks, others are for hospital or breeding. I like to buy multiple tanks and sell off enough to pay for the items I want to keep. The plan has been working out pretty well.

Hey congrats! I got into the hobby a few years ago when i started working at a local pet store when i discovered FRESH WATER SHRIMP they are tiny, cool, and colorful and move about the tank so well if kept by themselves. Perfect for a 10 gallon, you can have up to 100! And they breed like crazy on their own too, once the females molt "The Boyz" as i call them come out swimming all over your tank looking to mate, and the best part about this is the babys dont have a larval stage so there is not much extra to do for babys. They are fun to watch normally as they are insatiable eaters and eat nonstop with their little claw hands. No need to worry about feeding often tho as they eat the natural film in the tank so every 3 days is all it takes in an established tank(more is better tho but i wouldnt feed every day unless its a large colony) my new favorite for a 10 gallon for sure!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom