oh no my finnex 24/7 bit the dust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brothergc

Aquarium Advice Activist
rats my beloved finnex 24-7 planted light bit the dust . dang thing would not see the remote . Remote Is working as I confirmed it with my cell phone camera . Kinda weird because if I unplugged the light overnight , then powered it back up, it would see the remote , I could do 2 or 3 comands then it was as if I had no remote .
Thankfully I still had my coralife T5 but I miss the LEDs . I am considering getting another light ( LED of course ) I see finnex just released a new light the 24-7 planted plus SE ( special edition )
https://www.amazon.com/Finnex-Plant...6&sr=1-1&keywords=finnex+planted+24+7+se&th=1
what do you guys think go finnex or is their something better ?

How old was it?

Have you contacted Finnex?

From your post, it seems like you really liked the light.

Although I don't own a 24/7 Ive heard nothing but really great things about the light... So I guess the decision is based on wether you think the unit lasted as long as it should have...

I had the same problem. My remote was responsive about 10% of the time. I contacted Finnex, shipped the light to them, and got it back in about a week.
Turns out that the IR receiver on the fixture was defective. Unfortunately it is something that can only be service on site.

Same here, Amazon should get you a new one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How old was it?

Have you contacted Finnex?

From your post, it seems like you really liked the light.

Although I don't own a 24/7 Ive heard nothing but really great things about the light... So I guess the decision is based on wether you think the unit lasted as long as it should have...

the light is out of warentee got it about 18 months ago from amazon . I just threw it away .
Your correct I did like the light , loved the way it shimmered and caused my fish colors to pop , but I am lerry about buying another . My guess is that the sensor board went out of it or the IR sensor on the lightside was flakey .
I see finnex had redesighned the "SE" edition , added a different style sensor with indicator LEDs to tell what function your in , redesighned the mounting feet so that they swivel . And added a new function on the 24-7 so late at night ( in 24 -7 mode) it shuts completly down . sounds cool .
But seeing that I have not kept up on the latest I though just mabe it could not hurt to ask if their was any other possibly better options . :)

I had the same problem. My remote was responsive about 10% of the time. I contacted Finnex, shipped the light to them, and got it back in about a week.
Turns out that the IR receiver on the fixture was defective. Unfortunately it is something that can only be service on site.
Ive heard that theres been several with that issue. Hopefully the SE has that issue rectified.

Ive heard that theres been several with that issue. Hopefully the SE has that issue rectified.
Heard the supposedly, the new 24/7 has some if not most of the bugs worked out, that's only what I have read. The new SE I ordered will be shipped out soon , but won't be setting it up til I get everything for the new tank.

Im thinking about ordering one for my new tank too. I got a ray 2 but I can take it back it still in box.

Im thinking about ordering one for my new tank too. I got a ray 2 but I can take it back it still in box.
Nice ray 2 is a strong light , but it does not have the features that the 24/7 has. When I had the 24/7 older model , had no problems with it . It was awesome lol

Ya I know the 24/7 is awesome. I got the ray2 before the new se model. I gotta try a high light tank to see if I can run with yall guys lol.

I will probally go with a new finnex 24-7 SE found one online for 112 bucks plus 5 bucks shipping . I will be buying this week . Amazon wants way too much or should I say that vendor on amazon

I will probally go with a new finnex 24-7 SE found one online for 112 bucks plus 5 bucks shipping . I will be buying this week . Amazon wants way too much or should I say that vendor on amazon
Bought mine on Amazon for 129.99 + free shipping. Can't remember the seller but I got the 24".

Ya I know the 24/7 is awesome. I got the ray2 before the new se model. I gotta try a high light tank to see if I can run with yall guys lol.
Haha Bert an fresh/Caliban , are the top guys.:) . Can't wait to set up the new tank. Keep seeing everyones tank. Makes want to set it up now. But no substrate or light an need for seiryu stones. Growing herbs in the tank since it's empty an I have a 5w led . Hers grow fast an easy. Since I will have the tank empty for at least another 3 weeks to 4 weeks :(

Bought mine on Amazon for 129.99 + free shipping. Can't remember the seller but I got the 24".

for the 30" they want 150 bucks by the time you add shipping . I found the light way cheeper for 112 for the 30" google is your friend ! :)

ok just ordered another finnex , of course went with the latest "SE edition "
Found one , a 30" , for 112 bucks with free shipping from a site I never heard of "Aqua Vibrant " ?? Any one heard of these guys ? Planted Plus 24/7 SE

Anyway I did upgrade the shipping for a mere 5 bucks more for faster shipping . I will post back when I get it

At least one of the Finnex fixtures I own came from Aqua Vibrant. Sounds like a good deal (~$20 more than the predecessor) considering the improvements.
Looking forward to your review.

At least one of the Finnex fixtures I own came from Aqua Vibrant. Sounds like a good deal (~$20 more than the predecessor) considering the improvements.
Looking forward to your review.
I realy apreciate the reply , was concerned seeing I never delt with this company , but looks like all is good (y)
I post some picks but in the mean time here is a you tube vid on the light

The light just came in tonight , I did get it installed just a few minutes ago . I can tell you that it is brighter then my old finux , and brighter then my coralife duel T5 .
On thing I found interesting , I kept my old remote from my previous 24-7 and guess what . it works just as good as the newer remote . Has all the same buttons , and all the same functions as far as I can tell .
The mounting leggs have their pros and cons . I like the tilt feature , very cool . This allows you to tilt the light out of the way . The bad news is on my tank their is a inner lip that allows a full glass cover to rest in . BUT the width of the bottom of the legs on the light fixture will not allow me to use the big plastic thumbscrews because it is not wide enough . Making the thumbscrews useless AND making the tilt feature hard to use because the legs are not fastened down . Finnex missed the mark here bigtime :facepalm:.
The feet do allow the light to sit taller on the tank . on my 20 gal long it is 4 inches from the top of the tank to the bottom of the light . I kinda like this because it takes the light farther away from any water that might condence or splash on the light .
The lights sensor has a blue led , When solid, it is in 24-7 mode , blinking light it is ready to accept other comands , like , time change or max mode , once say max mode is entered the LED goes off .
That is all I got for now . I post some picks later on a non work night

Nice update.
That's too bad about the leg mounting issue. I had a similar problem with Finnex mounting legs in general. I cut some pvc "boards" into strips, painted them black and glued them onto the side rims. Allowed me to place a glass top on the tank. IMG_1792.JPG Can sort of see it in this pic.

Back
Top Bottom