OH NO!! my he is a she?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
UT OHHH!!! i think my 2nd female kenyi might really be a male!!

its been looking rather light blue today & if my eyes arent deceiving me, it looks yellowish!!!!!!! very very faint yellow if at all but the problem is, i cant tell .. certain angles look all blue but sometimes i'm seeing bits of yellow tinting lol

this would stink because i have 1 true female & now, possibly 2 males.. the 1 def male & 1 unknown are both very small but the unknown seems to chase the newly added definite male around a bit

i have to rehome the new male i just got, dont i? lol

i dont really mind because i def want more females; its just a hassle :(

the first pic is from a week ago.. the second 2 are from right now.. the 2nd pic seems all blue but the 3rd shows the yellow.. def in the top fin ...........

all advice is appreciated!!!

Attachments

• image-4015349394.jpg
    image-4015349394.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3784615744.jpg
    image-3784615744.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 92
  • image-1108905092.jpg
    image-1108905092.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 103
The same thing happened to me the other day. My biggest brightest most male looking Demosoni are now both holding....LOL

I know it is irrelevant but your tank looks really interesting. I was thinking if you could take a picture of the whole tank?

Jmedic25 said:
The same thing happened to me the other day. My biggest brightest most male looking Demosoni are now both holding....LOL

yeah i'm not too happy about it being male but if thats the case, i'll do what i gotta do

Cornstar said:
I know it is irrelevant but your tank looks really interesting. I was thinking if you could take a picture of the whole tank?

sure.. the first 2 pics are of how my tank was for the past few months

the last pic is how it is now, after i got my new cichlid stones for christmas today.. the current set up is temporary until i figure out a better layout :)

Attachments

• image-3628388363.jpg
    image-3628388363.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 108
  • image-2520626786.jpg
    image-2520626786.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 99
  • image-2344038648.jpg
    image-2344038648.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 107
Haha dude i love number one and number 3. If you could try and mix the two it would look GREAT! Maybe a large cave in the middle like it was in pic one, and stones around it with the plants behind/on the sides??? Its very cool roach, props.

thanks nu nu.. my girl digs it too :)

& i dont hate it but i figure i have allllllll that real stone (60+ lbs), so i might as well incorporate it in.. how is the big question though

i'm gonna hit the lfs's tomorrow & look for some real looking plants & some driftwood to mix in .. hopefully by tomorrow night i'll be happy with my tank again lol

people need to know that "o.c.A.d." is a serious disease .. you know - obsessive compulsive AQUARIA disorder .. its real, & its BRUTAL!! hahahaha

Ronnieroach,

Is it contagious? Cause I'm starting to show symptoms!! LOL

Can't wait to see your finished tank layout! Where did you get your 60+ pounds of rock, bought or found?

Roach, if you are ever in Delaware, I'll PAY you to landscape my tank!!!!

Sweet bro!

Back
Top Bottom