Ok back to basics !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah i know that but im saying that it went down alot in one day cause it was at 8 ppm this morning i made a 50% water change it went to 4ppm and i just made another change and it went down again i keep my temperature to 25 27 (78 80) and my ph stays between 7.4 and 7.6

Until it comes down on it's own when it's cycled...water changes are what lowers it. It's good you got it down some...but I'd be absolutely freaking out if my ammonia was remotely that high. You'd see me doing back to back to back 75% pwc's if that's what it took to keep it down.

Here's another chart to look at. It takes pH and temp into account. Do not use it as a substitute for fresh water...but it will give you an idea of the absolute highest you should ever let the level get remotely close to.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/your-guide-to-ammonia-toxicity-159994.html

Ok so understand that right now im in the middle zone still not good but not in the danger zone so i better keep up those water changes until it goes down

Ok so i did another 75% pwc and now the amm is at 1.0ppm its going down pretty quick !!

Yesterday after my first water change the amm was at 4.0ppm aftt the second i was at 2.0 ppm then today i changed the water again and its at 1.0 ppm so later on tonight i will change tye water again hopefully itll go to 0.50ppm

Precious_Scarface said:
Yesterday after my first water change the amm was at 4.0ppm aftt the second i was at 2.0 ppm then today i changed the water again and its at 1.0 ppm so later on tonight i will change tye water again hopefully itll go to 0.50ppm

That's awesome:) u are doing great.

Precious_Scarface said:
Thank you hopefully i can manage to get the no3/ no4 test asap so it would help a lot

Yeah just keep up with those pwc and once the ammo starts going down don't stop bc there will be nitrite

Precious_Scarface said:
Thank you hopefully i can manage to get the no3/ no4 test asap so it would help a lot

Just FYI...it's no2 (nitrIte) and no3 (nitrAte) which you want the tests for. They'll look at you funny if you ask for no4 :)

eco23 said:
Just FYI...it's no2 (nitrIte) and no3 (nitrAte) which you want the tests for. They'll look at you funny if you ask for no4 :)

I got mixed up with nh3 and nh4 lol haha ive been reading that article too much haha

Back
Top Bottom