OK... Plants are growing great! Now What??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Scales

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have learned and listened to all you wonderful people and now I have the best success with a planted tank I ever have. I have a 29g regular tank with dual 24" T5 HO Flourescent light (48 watts total), I put 3ml of Flourish in once a week and 2ml of Yamato green each morning. I have diffused/injected CO2 at a rate of 1 bbs from 8am to 8pm. Aerate when lights go off until 7:30am. Nitrates stay at 12 to 15 ppm each time I test. Water always stays crystal clear. Fish are happy and healthy. NOw here's the problem. yuk yuk!
I have to trim my Hygrophilia Difformis and my Myriophylium Pinnatum about evey 10 days. Grows about 8" in that time. I have trimmed them by pulling them up, cutting about 6" off the botton and replanting. The Myrio is growing the same length each 10 days but its width or fullness accross is getting thinner. ??? Any suggestions??
The Hygro crowns/tops are gorgreous! But the middle sections are getting "leggy". More space between the leaf bracts. Would it be better to trim out the crowns and if I do will they bush out better or would the cut tops stay looking like a tornado just swept through the tree tops?? Tanks you for your caudial responses ahead of time. Old Scales. :cool:

Sounds like you've got a good setup.
Regarding the legginess in the middle if the plants, perhaps allowing more space in between the plants will get more light to them and reduce the gaps between the leaves along the stem. Other than that, idk.

Back
Top Bottom