ok so I been out for awhile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
I never had a real freshwater tank... I was into reef so this is new to me. Ok so we decided my step son needed a small fish tank. My girl loves this one... AquaView 360 Aquarium Kit | Aquarium Kits | Aquarium Kits & Fish Tanks | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com

So we got it and it has the "under gravel filter system" Apparently I dont know how this works could someone explain? Is there a better filter system available for this aquarium? By the way we only have goldfish and a peloco in it. I plan on getting a 55 gal or maybe a little smaller for a tropical freshwater or possibly aggresive salt. I need help getting back into the hobby. Thanks!

Undergravel filters in my experience are a collection area for gunk. I just removed them from 2 of my tanks. I am an avid gravel vacuumer and still have buildup under the filter. A good Hang On Back (HOB) filter or canister filter will do a much better job and will be easier to maintain.

you need a air pump or power head. the air pump pumps air down and goes up the tube creating flow.

on a side note thats way to small for a pleco and goldfish.

Ya I was thinking that but my friend had had the 2 in his tank for years and they are fine. But with my experience with SW i know what you mean. The kid just HAD to have the pleco... Can i even get a decent HOB filter for this thing? It has the lid and the air tube with stone about 3 inches off the bottom inside the tube. Im not even going to tell you how many fish are in here. They will be out soon I plan to put up at least a 20G maybe bigger asap.

if its a common pleco it will even out grow a 55 gallon. they get to be 20-24 inch.

Back
Top Bottom