Old-school salt water set up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes play or pool sand will work you just dont get the buffer that you would get with coral sand.

Hi!! Welcome to AA! I'm just doen the road from you in Westland! :) some people use black sand, the only downside that I've heard is that it can be a little harder to keep looking clean (a lot of the food we feed is white and most fish poo is white), but it looks super cool IMO. Enjoy your return to SW! :)
I haven't been in SW too very long myself, but I have a reef and a FOWLR tank. If you wanna check out my reef, I have a thread called "update of Beengirl's 55g reef" in the members SW tank section. My FOWLR thread is called "Beengirl's 30g FOWLR starts."

Actually my tank is set up at my girlfriends house in Westland And I have been following a lot of your posts You have a lot of great information for everybody I go shopping every weekend to fish stores around us And even on the east side But I'm been changed to sand I'm not going to use live it's too expensive

I had black fiji sand in my 20 it made the colors pop but drove me nuts trying to keep it clean after 3 months i changed to pool filter sand

I do like the reflectivity of white sand. That said, it's going to be hard to keep any sand bed clean in the beginning. As the tank matures, it should get easier providing you have adequate flow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom